Saturday, December 6, 2008

Twilight ...I prefer Moonlight


I recently watched Twilight in our local cinema. I haven't read the book and just saw an ad about it in the TV. Being a horror/supernatural geek, I naturally was one of the first in line to watch this movie. Boy was I in for a disappointment. The movie seemed to be like a long made for TV special that tried to woo tweens. The vampires looked too feminine and I have no idea why the girls are swooning over them. Sitting in the theater I couldn't help but think that Blade or Buffy would take down this posers in about 5 minutes, no sweat! I just wanted their to be more bite to match the bark. The media has been promoting this movie like crazy and I felt that the movie did not live up to the hype.

The only part of the movie that I found entertaining was the vampire baseball scene. They could only play during thunderstorms to mask the noise they made when they struck the balls. It Sort of reminded me of Smallville in a way, with Clark having to deal with sports and everyday things at the same time trying to keep his identity secret.

All in all this movie was ok, but not great. I would recommend this for those who want a different kind of vampire movie and those who are fans of the books. 6 out of 10 stars for me. Should you want your vampire dish served up a different way, try Moonlight,True Blood, or Blood Ties.

No comments: